Introducing the most exciting toy that you will make and then want to play with again and again and again. After all, it is not easy to roll your marble all the way to the collector tray, when there are 8 different levels of friction coefficients you have to conquer. Gravity and friction are fundamental concepts that a child experiences at an early stage. These concepts are also introduced as part of curriculum at primary level (through their application in concepts such as force, motion and energy). Slippery Slopes Friction Slider stem, educational, construction, diy toy demonstrates engages children in learning these concepts by demonstrating the effect and working of friction through its gameplay.
When assembled, Slippery Slopes Friction Slider consists of 4 channels arranged one below another, to form a continuous track for a marble/ball to roll through from start to finish. These channels have bases which are covered with interchangeable material (with different friction coefficients). The objective is for you to guide a marble/ball from the start point to the collector at the base using gravity and controlling (using the handles, like a joystick) the inclination of the channels through the different levels. Each level offers a new and unexpected degree of challenge for the ball to roll (since friction coefficients of different surfaces such as foam, sandpaper, plastic, etce offer different levels of resistance). The gameplay can be made even more challenging by adding further variable obstacles in the form of rubber bands (in slots provided).
Everybody is a winner though, because crossing every level awards you some points. The highest points can be won by guiding the marble/ball through all 4 channels, from start to finish (collector basket at the base).
- Eco-Friendly, Sustainable: Imported Premium Pine Wood. Sourced from Responsible Eco-Certified Vendors. “NO SPLINTERS” so that your child is protected.
- No Mess, No Tools Needed for assembly for a clean, MESS-FREE HOME | Elastic Bands joinery, Easy to Disassemble and Reassemble.
- Children Learn Best Through Play: With Smartivity, your child constructs a STEAM Concepts based game/toy with Real Moving Parts & MECHANICAL ACTIONS.
- Easy,Age-Apt Instruction Book: One-Step-Per-Page, Big Pictures, MODULAR ASSEMBLY for self-paced construction. Minimal adult involvement.
- Trusted By Parents, Loved By Children in 24 Countries (incl USA, Europe): Non-Toxic & Safe. Tested in global labs. Exceeds global toy safety standards.
What is included?
234 parts and world class Instruction Manual
- Colour - Multi
- Gender - Unisex
- Age guidelines - 6-12 YRS
- Material - Premium Pine Wood
- Packing Length - 33 cm
- Packing Width - 22 cm
- Packing Height - 28 cm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.